Debadging My Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert in CA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope to have my Z71 in-hand in the next two weeks! It's in status code 4200, so getting close.

My question is whether anyone has de-badged their hood? Specifically the giant bedazzled Z71 on each side of the hood.

I'm assuming it's just taped on, so I can hit it with a heat gun & dental floss.

Has anyone successfully removed that yet?

My three to-do's for week 1:
(1) Debadge the hood
(2) Apply Xpel PPF to the hood and bumper (since it's red - rock chips really visible).
(3) Change tires to BF Goodrich AT's, for better snow performance

jna97

Reaction score
I hope to have my Z71 in-hand in the next two weeks! It's in status code 4200, so getting close.

My question is whether anyone has de-badged their hood? Specifically the giant bedazzled Z71 on each side of the hood.

I'm assuming it's just taped on, so I can hit it with a heat gun & dental floss.

Has anyone successfully removed that yet?

My three to-do's for week 1:
(1) Debadge the hood
(2) Apply Xpel PPF to the hood and bumper (since it's red - rock chips really visible).
(3) Change tires to BF Goodrich AT's, for better snow performance

Just got my BFG KO2s today. You will love them.

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
I have a High Country and I peeled some of the paint on the hatch when I removed the rear letters using the adhesive remover wheel. The paint was super thin there. No problems on the fenders or doors though. Looked so much better once removed though as the high country badge is huge as well.F30BCE72-9B22-4D61-8244-B43B1A227722.jpeg