Daily Drivers - Detail Products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtrummag

Reaction score
OK Guys/Gals what is everyone's favorite products to use to detail their daily drivers?

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I am a big Fan of Adams Polishes. I use all their products on my customers cars. I also use some CarPro stuff like cquartz for some customers that request it.

Check out Adams though they are a Forum Vendor as well.

OP
OP
M

mtrummag

Reaction score
The cquartz looks to be the same line as the Gtechniq Exo, have you used Exo?

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duragloss Aquawax is a great drying aid, and a really nice detailer spray, as is all of Duragloss products. You cannot go wrong with any of them, ultra inexpensive, and they all work. Their Sealants, #501, 105, and 111 are all great, and cheap

And, you'd probably never hear me give jumps for joy over any turtle wax products over the past 30 years, but dayum, their Endura Tire and Trim Coating products are pretty darn good and also relatively cheap for what they do.

Last edited:

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carpro products such as CQuartz UK and CQuartz DLX for the plastic trim are what I currently have on my '97 Tahoe.

Both are extremely durable, and give fantastic results. Initial costs are higher, but IMO actually inexpensive to virtually all other products in the long run because of their long lasting durability.

I also noted that CQuartz UK offers a much higher level of mar resistance versus any other wax or sealant I have ever used.

Downsides of the CQuartz products are that if you're a person who likes waxing every week to few weeks, and likes experimenting with different polish and protectant products often, then such coatings are not for you.

As for the GTechniq line, their C1 Coating is said to be more durable than GTechniq EXO, and is probably more comparable to the CQuartz Coatings. Both C1 and EXO are also said to be outstanding, and they too have their followers and fans.

A friend of mine in TX says these GTechniq products I previously mention are the best he's ever used as far as durability and gloss, and he's tried countless current day products.

One other downside to using such coatings, is that you will lock in and "freeze" the condition-look of your paint finish for a long long time.

Any defects such as swirling, and light scratches-sleeks need to be corrected, and paint needs to be as contaminant free as best as possible beforehand.

This is the hard work, the prep of washing, claying, decon products such as Carpro Iron-X, masking polishing, panel prep wipe wipedowns with CP Eraser, or GTehniq Panel Prep products.

Once to that point, the coatings, provided they are properly applied, and within proper temps, they are IMO the easy part. Yes, sometimes tricky, but an average person can get perfect results.

Since these coatings are much harder than the paint they are applied to, they are great for those who have ultra soft paint, or dark colors that show every little flaw and swirl.

Last edited:

latemate

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Detailers Pride Rinsless wash. I use it as a QD for those instant cleaning and removing bird poops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC

Latest posts