CV Joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you can get remaned ones units for about $60 each at you local parts store. just as good but if it is just one boot just get a boot kit with grease and repack it.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo Carlo!

1A has great parts! I have used a few of their parts with success!

I have not used one of their axels but I have used their hub bearing assembly. I do have a Axel on my truck from Napa. I have used Advanced Auto's axels on hundreds of cars with success. Under the business they set me back $50. You can also barrow tool kit from them!

you got my number lmk, what you want to do!

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are doing the same amount of work, weather you replace the whole CV shaft or the boot. I personally would just put a cv shaft on. It's pretty easy. Unbolt your axle nut, remove the 6 15mm flange bolts. Axle nut is a 36mm.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are doing the same amount of work, weather you replace the whole CV shaft or the boot. I personally would just put a cv shaft on. It's pretty easy. Unbolt your axle nut, remove the 6 15mm flange bolts. Axle nut is a 36mm.

x2 . you could replace the boot and a month later your replacing the shaft

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Warning if you replace the entire assy get that wheel off the ground. Lift it by frame or control arm. Do not put vehicle weight on a wheel with out the shaft installed on the knuckle and torqued.

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you make out with your repair?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts