Crazy "Used" 2021 Tahoe Z71 Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I brought my wife's 2017 Ford Escape into our local Ford dealership for routine service and I noticed a 2021 Tahoe Z71 in their used car area! So I had to see what they were asking for it, and from what I could tell, it didn't have any of the sought after options (i.e., Trailer Package, Air-Ride Adaptive Suspension package, Z71 Signature or Off-road Package, etc.); just the basic model. It has 6,552 miles on it and the price is $78,750!! When I got home I checked it out on their web site and it shows a $5,250 dealer discount, so they're actually asking $73,500. I have a difficult enough time seeing dealers gouging customers with 10, 20 (or more) thousand over MSRP for new ones, and now the used market is gouging customers too?? It would be interesting to see when this one does sell, how much did it really go for...

Thunder22

Reaction score
Use car/truck prices are way up for awhile now. I could sell my 2019 Z06 for more than I paid for it new. Same with my 2021 Z71 Tahoe. Now is not the time to be buying a used car/truck.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought my wife's 2017 Ford Escape into our local Ford dealership for routine service and I noticed a 2021 Tahoe Z71 in their used car area! So I had to see what they were asking for it, and from what I could tell, it didn't have any of the sought after options (i.e., Trailer Package, Air-Ride Adaptive Suspension package, Z71 Signature or Off-road Package, etc.); just the basic model. It has 6,552 miles on it and the price is $78,750!! When I got home I checked it out on their web site and it shows a $5,250 dealer discount, so they're actually asking $73,500. I have a difficult enough time seeing dealers gouging customers with 10, 20 (or more) thousand over MSRP for new ones, and now the used market is gouging customers too?? It would be interesting to see when this one does sell, how much did it really go for...
It has probably sold already. Lots of folks are just happy to get a new one, regardless of how it is optioned.

david1523

Reaction score
I bought my z71 brand new, and paid less for it then every single used z71 I could find on carmax regardless of options. It makes no sense. Used cars are booming!

OP
OP
Thomas Schneider
Reaction score
Sure hope it wasn't a distressed trade in due to lifter problems. Being at a Ford dealer I'd be suspicious.
I was thinking the same thing and clicked on the CarFax report they offer and didn't see any mention of major repairs. It showed a 5/14/21 entry for the original Chevrolet dealer and was sold on 5/15/21. It showed 1 recall item accomplished and then it was offered for sale by the Ford dealer on 8/22/15. As of today, still for sale if anyone is interested! :)

MSTI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't believe I haggled for the price of mine last December! I actually got them down due to my trade in but it was the end of the month;). Just lucky timing I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts