Craftsman 3-ton rebuild help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My floor jack started to lose it's lifting ability. And, eventually wouldn't even do the quick rise to the load. I inspected the fluid level and it was low, so I added hydraulic fluid. Now, it would rise quickly, to meet the load, but not lift.
I decided to investigate further, and found some crud in the springs under the adjustment screws. I decided to try and clean it out by draining and refilling with fresh oil, then pump it a bit and change oil, again. Well, like a dummy :mad3: , I removed both adjustment screws, springs, check balls, everything, flushed with fresh oil and a little compressed air. Then, as I was re-assembling, I realized the check balls were different sizes, and I wasn't sure which went in which hole. I tried the best I could, but when I tried to pump the jack up, the rubber plug, for the fill hole, shot out, and I lost it. I can't find a repair kit or manual. Does anyone know where the check balls go back in? And, how to make sure the adjustment screws are correct?

Thanks,
EJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2