Coolant leak Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, I did a little more digging and iv found the issue. Ended up being a large crack in the plastic of the radiator on the driver side and was bring blown to the passenger side it looked like. It is now holding coolant, but i have the traction control and sabiltrak errors now, any ideas on fixing that?
Those errors can be triggered if the computer thinks the engine isn't running right. Happened to me when I failing fuel pressure regulator (attached to the fuel pump in the tank) causing intermittently high fuel pressures at the rail. New fuel pump cured it in my case at 210K, but I suspect a cam phaser problem would also result in the same codes because the stability control system requires the engine to be running within known paramters to remain engaged. You didn't disconnect the steering shaft in any of your repairs, did you?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Front wheel bearings like to play games with that code as well as (hidden) internally rotten -/+ battery cables that create random trouble codes.

Start with the cables as the age of the truck dictates they should be replaced.

CARRY TWO JUGS OF WATER WITH YOU 24/7 UNTIL THE RADIATOR IS REPLACED.

DO NOT add any type of stop leak to the system as you’ll never get it all out and regret the after affects.

OP
OP
M

Masonisking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those errors can be triggered if the computer thinks the engine isn't running right. Happened to me when I failing fuel pressure regulator (attached to the fuel pump in the tank) causing intermittently high fuel pressures at the rail. New fuel pump cured it in my case at 210K, but I suspect a cam phaser problem would also result in the same codes because the stability control system requires the engine to be running within known paramters to remain engaged. You didn't disconnect the steering shaft in any of your repairs, did you?
I did not, where would those be i could have bumped on unintentionally. I initially had these same errors when the lifters went bad however they have since been fixed. I replaced the radiator and have the errors. There’s no issue driving it, it’s not misfiring , not overheating. Just those lights on the dash.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the engine light on? If so do you have a code reader?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front wheel bearings like to play games with that code as well as (hidden) internally rotten -/+ battery cables that create random trouble codes.

Start with the cables as the age of the truck dictates they should be replaced.

CARRY TWO JUGS OF WATER WITH YOU 24/7 UNTIL THE RADIATOR IS REPLACED.

DO NOT add any type of stop leak to the system as you’ll never get it all out and regret the after affects.
eh, I don't think 10 jugs of water would have got him very far with a leak that bad, lol

OP
OP
M

Masonisking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright guys, back with a new seems to be leak. Not as bad this time. Iv been smelling coolant so i decided to look and it looks like it’s coming where the coolant goes into the engine and to the radiator (not sure of the term) iv attached pics of where it seems to be dripping from.

IMG_3544.jpegIMG_3543.jpegIMG_3537.jpegIMG_3540.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksheepstuntz