Compressor getting louder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denali58

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2003 Denali XL, have noticed that the Autoride compressor seems to be running more frequently and has become much louder, also doesn't seem to necessarily run at start up but runs for example while in line at a drive through. Is this indicating that there is a leak in the system which in turn has caused the compressor to run excessively and begin to wear out?

What are my options: find leak (if that is the problem) and replace compressor or can I just disable the Autoride system?

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
disable your autoride system ASAP before your compressor dies. its a 30 Amp fuse under the hood. you have an air leak somewhere. jack your car up and inspect your rear shocks air bags. one of mine had a whole the size of my hand lol. i changed my compressor and still waiting to get some extra money and buy new shocks. when the compressor comes on does the truck lift itself ? if not then your shocks have a leak

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

forgot to mention, the fuse is labeled RTD ( real time damping) once you pull the fuse a "Service Ride control" message will pop up on your message center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz