Complimentary Data Plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what happens after the 36mos is up and you don't opt to pay for a data plan? Is the nav rendered useless then? Can you hotspot from your phone? I'm tired of all this stupid subscription bs...

I'm also planning on gutting/rendering onstar inoperative so hopefully they aren't integrated.

Welcome to 2022. Apple now makes more money from their subscriptions than their actual hardware sold.

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
So, I was really feeling perplexed that I didn't get 36 mos of data. In my very short research, it appears that only the AT4 & Denali GMC models get 3 years of GMC Connected Services. If you go to the below page, and look under "interior" features 10 spaces down shows this. I can't find anything similar for the Tahoe model. Seems as though our GMC siblings got some extra perks!!!

EDIT: I have a 2022 Tahoe Z71.

https://www.gmc.com/suvs/yukon/sle-...eOne=423023&styleThree=423024&styleTwo=423027

Jtpmedic

Reaction score
So, I was really feeling perplexed that I didn't get 36 mos of data. In my very short research, it appears that only the AT4 & Denali GMC models get 3 years of GMC Connected Services. If you go to the below page, and look under "interior" features 10 spaces down shows this. I can't find anything similar for the Tahoe model. Seems as though our GMC siblings got some extra perks!!!

EDIT: I have a 2022 Tahoe Z71.

https://www.gmc.com/suvs/yukon/sle-...eOne=423023&styleThree=423024&styleTwo=423027
wellchit...
ya, so I went into my dealer yesterday to do the paperwork on my imminent delivery on my Tahoe RST. I mentioned the 36 mos, and he looked at me like I was a 3-headed alien yanking the first born out of HIS ******...
Uggh...
Can I Hotspot it from my phone?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wellchit...
ya, so I went into my dealer yesterday to do the paperwork on my imminent delivery on my Tahoe RST. I mentioned the 36 mos, and he looked at me like I was a 3-headed alien yanking the first born out of HIS ******...
Uggh...
Can I Hotspot it from my phone?
They all come with Android Auto and Apple Car Play. If you have either of those phone OS', then you can connect your phone and NAV (along with music, phone, etc.) will be powered through your phone. No need to pay extra for the google services.

suburbansince87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone with the '22 / Google based nav know if it asks you to create a Google account or login to one?

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
I didn't log into one, but to be honest I didn't spend enough time getting into things, I'm sure in order to get apps and other items an account would be necessary.

suburbansince87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool thank you. I don't care much for Google so just plan to use CarPlay and hope the car GPS / steering angle inputs bolster whatever mapping app I use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blokroknbeats