College Student, New TaHoe. Pics and Introduction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WickedGoat

Reaction score
I hardwired my radar detector using a universal hard wire kit from Best Buy. I ran the cord up the headliner and down the A-pillar right to the fuse box. I tapped a fuse that only powers up when the key is on. So basically, the radar detector will turn on and off with the key. I also have mine mounted up higher on the windshield.... I think it does a much better job picking up radar mounted higher.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I hardwired my radar detector using a universal hard wire kit from Best Buy. I ran the cord up the headliner and down the A-pillar right to the fuse box. I tapped a fuse that only powers up when the key is on. So basically, the radar detector will turn on and off with the key. I also have mine mounted up higher on the windshield.... I think it does a much better job picking up radar mounted higher.

Could you happen to check what fuse that was please? That's exactly what I want to do, Thanks

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
LED Tail-Lights and Air Intake are in the Mail! Should have them installed by this Sunday

WickedGoat

Reaction score
I used the 10 amp ignition fuse. If you are looking at the fuse block directly, it is in the upper left corner and the diagram says ignition. This fuse is only hot when the key is on. So if you run the radar cable to it, the radar detector will turn on when the key is turned on, and turn off when you turn your key off..... never have to turn it on or off.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I used the 10 amp ignition fuse. If you are looking at the fuse block directly, it is in the upper left corner and the diagram says ignition. This fuse is only hot when the key is on. So if you run the radar cable to it, the radar detector will turn on when the key is turned on, and turn off when you turn your key off..... never have to turn it on or off.

Thanks Bro! People like you make this forum great :Handshake:

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I just got a pair of LED Tail lights and saw that in the most popular install video for them that a lot of people were requesting a installed video and pics of how they looked, so i took some pics while I installed them.

Original Install video (not mine)
[yt]zJ0grZP6zAg[/yt]

Some pics of 1 stock and 1 LED:
edit1.jpg

Some more pics:
edit2.jpg
edit3.jpg

And Videos of them in action:

th_MOV01264.jpg

th_MOV01267.jpg

Hope you all enjoy :)

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
so we convinced you to get some. hahah. They look good.

You also convinced me to get a CAI haha:
I notice a HUGE difference in acceleration and extra "power" with it installed. Cool sound from 2K and up RPM

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

Im having so much fun doing all the mods to my Hoe, I did the High-6 Light MOD 2 days ago, The best part is I'm doing it all myself so I feel like its "my creation" haha

Thanks for everyone's great ideas and help:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bill99874