Cleared headlights, pics wanted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to clear my headlights because I cant stand seeing the orange reflecter. Does anyone make a clear replacement? Or should I paint it white, smoke it, or just take it out. Has anyone done this or seen it done? Anyone have pics, prefeably a white Tahoe. Thanks

itsspeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to put Lamin X on mine(just over the orange reflector). Modded did it on his and it looks great. Plus you don't have to worry about it being permanent. If you happen not to like it, just pull it off. I have been researching the "joey Mod" which is when you put your headlight in the oven to loosen the adhesive so you can take it apart and no one has really went into detail how to do it. That makes me think that its not worth it.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I put tail light/headlight tint on mine. I just cut it to how I wanted it. I should have gone darker I think I have 20% can't remember was one of the first mods I did.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might check your state laws too. In some places that amber reflector is required. :shrug:

Monarkk

Banned
Reaction score
Ive done a couple sets now where I remove the housing and paint them the factory color or black. I just did a set of all white housings with white reflectors and it came out great. Or you can paint just the outside side blade like most do. Painting it white would look great!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive done a couple sets now where I remove the housing and paint them the factory color or black. I just did a set of all white housings with white reflectors and it came out great. Or you can paint just the outside side blade like most do. Painting it white would look great!

Pics? I'd like to see it preferably in white :Handshake:

itsspeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a body shop here that actaully paints them as well. They put some sort of clear mixed with black paint of something like that. Then they clear coat it. Looks bad ass on taillights as well.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So once you've painted them how do you get the assembly back together correctly so that it doesn't start getting moisture in the housing after you've taken it apart to paint the amber part?

OP
OP
White07Tahoe

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean off all of the old silicone really good and re-silicone it back together, just make sure its sealed good.