Chev. 2015-20 Grille install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R Black

R Black

Reaction score
Not sure if you've done this yet or not, but its actually quite easy. My wife wanted a black RST grill on our '19 Tahoe. We used that exact video to take the truck apart. It all comes apart very easily and goes back together very easily. I even made her do all the work...her truck...her work!

Hey! Thanks a bunch. Your input has eased my mind quite a bit about tackling this.

OP
OP
R Black

R Black

Reaction score
that video linked above fails to mention the loosening of these three additional bolts on both sides:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/how-to-denali-grille-install.89762/

^^ after learning about these, I was worried that anyone I paid to swap the grill wouldn't loosen them... so I did it myself.

Once I had the bumper assembly off, my old grill wouldn't budge from the upper bumper fascia and I didn't have an extra set of hands to help me gain leverage and I was worried about damaging the bumper cover slots, so I snip + twisted off the plastic grill tabs that snap into the upper bumper cover slots..

i fought with it for a while and wasn't ever going to be reusing the old grill so who cares snip & twist my back hurts it's hot just throw it in the trash.

I appreciate the response. I took a look at the link and I'm thinking these addtnl. bolts don't apply in my case. Mine is a 2020 Tahoe LS and the entire front fascia is different than that of the GMC.

I wish GM would 'get over' having to make each model unique and the Tahoe different from the P.U. truck and the 3/4, 1 ton different from the 1/2 ton. It would make the dang things a lot less expensive.

Timers

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it applies to the tahoe as well. those 3 bolts are still there. they hold the corner clips in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700