Check engine light came on this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is the first time the light has ever come on and it's an 07 with 73K on the clock.

I went to go to work this morning and the Tahoe has been sitting in the driveway for the last 4 days while i was out of town. I start it up and the check engine light stays on, so i call Onstar and she runs the check. It comes back as an Emissions open circuit or something crazy to that effect. I am going to take it to AutoZone or someplace and have them read it after work. But has anyone ver had that message and if so any ideas what it could be? Maybe O2 sensor possibly?

yukonking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine has been playing hide and seek for 2 weeks, it started when my wife left it at idle in garage, later that day it dissappered? Then made a apperance days later,I was running really low on gas and just today it showed again I was driving and on half tank?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check your gas cap. Put it back on tightly, disconnect battery for a few mins, reconnect and see if the light comes back on.

TEXAS DEMON

with a vengeance
Reaction score
yeap that happens very often with this tahoes.
i found out the hard hard way.(dealership)

OP
OP
D

DaveM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did try tightening the gas cap adn then disconnected the battery for 10 minutes or so. Light went away for a few minutes and came back on so i had it read at Auto Zone and it's the P0449 code. After some research it's a common code with GM. I will try and clean the evap solenoid that seems to do the trick.

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to do this? I can't seem to find one on any of the Tahoe sites?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Does anyone have a picture of where this beast is at on the new Tahoes? I can't seem to find anything on this for the Tahoes, lots of info for the Silverados but zip for us.

I know , I know i need to buy a service manual.

CHINO07KON

Reaction score
I had a same exact problem..My yukon only had about 58k..I started with the gas cap to wanting to clean the solenoid but at the end my brother who works for nissan told me most Armada's has this problem also and is the vent control valve for the gas tank..That valve controls all the accumulated chemicals built in the tank and releases them when neccessary.The vent control valve comes with all the hoses and everything I was able to get it through my brother's nissan discount which came out a lil less than 100 bucks..Im sure theres a GM site where you can purchase it also at the dealer price..Hope it helps!!!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Don't top off the gas tank, heard it messes with the venting controls and what not!

OP
OP
D

DaveM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a same exact problem..My yukon only had about 58k..I started with the gas cap to wanting to clean the solenoid but at the end my brother who works for nissan told me most Armada's has this problem also and is the vent control valve for the gas tank..That valve controls all the accumulated chemicals built in the tank and releases them when neccessary.The vent control valve comes with all the hoses and everything I was able to get it through my brother's nissan discount which came out a lil less than 100 bucks..Im sure theres a GM site where you can purchase it also at the dealer price..Hope it helps!!!

Ok thanks i tried a new cap and that didn't do it so i guese i will have to buy the solenoid. Does anyone have the part number?

TIA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JIMEMAC33