Cheap ODB2 scanners any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Kriss

Reaction score
I've used a couple of the cheap Bluetooth readers and Tourque on my Android phone. I have never had a problem. They read and clear codes and can provide some real time data. They were only about $10 on Amazon. My children have had issues with their cars and I've given them my readers. I replaced the last one with BlueDriver. It's around $100 but it provides a lot more information. It will check the engine, ABS, transmission, air bags, etc.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s interesting. Seems like an odd money grab. My Innovas have worked on any vehicle I have tried it on from Honda’s to Mercury’s to Nissans. If I want to get suggested fixes, I can buy a yearly subscription for a certain number of VIN’s but it always gives me the code at least.

Well, went back out with my phone and the Torque Pro app and the Foseal only showed one code, nothing about the other two. Was able to read all engine sensors under the profile I was setting up for the Yukon; still have not hooked up to the Yukon.

Anyhow, CEL light was off again, code is for the engine not getting up to temp, probably the thermostat stuck open. Might just leave it alone, afraid to open a can of worms if I start messing with it. We'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie