Changing Pioneer radio.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe. Installed is a Pioneer MVH-2400NEX. I want to install a Pioneer DMH-C5500 NEX. Will the same connections and wiring work or do I have to get new ones.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe. Installed is a Pioneer MVH-2400NEX. I want to install a Pioneer DMH-C5500 NEX. Will the same connections and wiring work or do I have to get new ones.
That is a question for pioneer or read the radio install manual, they do change the harness wiring from unit to unit sometimes

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give Crutchfield a call and ask them if a different interface wiring set is required for each of these 2 head units in your truck.

OP
OP
B

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to Crutchfield. They said it shouldn't be a problem changing over it's just i have to reprogram the idatalink and that I have to use my computer to do it. I'm not that computer savy. Maybe i'll just update the radio that's already installed and haven't given me any problems.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talked to Crutchfield. They said it shouldn't be a problem changing over it's just i have to reprogram the idatalink and that I have to use my computer to do it. I'm not that computer savy. Maybe i'll just update the radio that's already installed and haven't given me any problems.
Updating the idatalink is easy just unplug it and then use a USB cable and it does it thru a web browser you really can't screw it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman