Captain's Chairs in a 60/40 reaer split

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the leg room on the second row be better with separate seats than with the bench?

i just bought a set of 2nd row buckets......i can advise once i get a chance to install. but i don't think there would be any more or less leg room.

my question is, behind my bench seat, there are these flaps that fold down to cover the gap when the seats are folded down. what has anyone done with the flap? just remove them (can they be removed)?

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, leg room appears the same. pretty easy install swapping them out. now i just have to figure out a way to replace those covers in the back that cover the space behind the back seat.

HOYT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my question is, behind my bench seat, there are these flaps that fold down to cover the gap when the seats are folded down. what has anyone done with the flap? just remove them (can they be removed)?

They're held in with plastic clips. Just pop them out.

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. i already completed the install & did that. now i just have to figure out what to use with the bucket seats where those "flaps" were. i can't reuse the old ones since they would "block" the passage to the 3rd row.

Gurba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well, leg room appears the same. pretty easy install swapping them out. now i just have to figure out a way to replace those covers in the back that cover the space behind the back seat.

Tnx for the info. Maybe modification can allow for a different positioning of the seats, towards the middle and back but that will most likely not pass a check by the DMV.

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a regular yukon (not the XL) i don't know how easy that will be. the "lip" is right behind the seats. if moved, then that would interfere with the space for the 3rd row (if equipped).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123