Cant rev past 3500 rpm on park or neutral

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm sitting in my driveway and just decided to rev the 6.2 for the sound. Shockingly I realize it won't rev past 3500 rpm! I am a cruiser so I do not rev that high unless necessary. Any thoughts? Taking it to dealer soon regarding this. Seems like a misfire or a minor thump when I get near 3000 rpm. Could this be fuel pump?

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm sitting in my driveway and just decided to rev the 6.2 for the sound. Shockingly I realize it won't rev past 3500 rpm! I am a cruiser so I do not rev that high unless necessary. Any thoughts? Taking it to dealer soon regarding this.
normal, gm put a rev limiter on them while in park starting around 2007 or 2010, not sure off hand if it also applies while in neutral or not

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm sitting in my driveway and just decided to rev the 6.2 for the sound. Shockingly I realize it won't rev past 3500 rpm! I am a cruiser so I do not rev that high unless necessary. Any thoughts? Taking it to dealer soon regarding this. Seems like a misfire or a minor thump when I get near 3000 rpm. Could this be fuel pump?

It's normal. Apparently, it's not good for an engine to be revved with minimal load on it. Don't bother taking it to the dealer for this.

SavageDad

Reaction score
That thump is usually fuel cut to prevent unnecessary over revving. My Magnum does the same thing, I raised it to 4,500 with a tuner, but honestly I don't mind...my wife would shoot me if I grenaded another engine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts