Can chrome mirror caps be painted over to body color (summit white)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on whether it would be feasible to get side mirror caps repainted from chrome to the body color (white)?

I'm having PPF applied soon and my chrome mirrors have picked up a few small rock chips that I'm worried will create air bubbles under the film.

With the chance of eventually doing a chrome delete, I'm debating whether to replace the caps with the black caps sold by GM ($100 for part, probably $100-150 for install) or if it'd be possible/economical to have them repainted the body color (which would will still jive whether I decide to keep the premiere's massive chrome look or delete it).

20230131_085007.jpg

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Professionally painted those would hold up just fine, it's all about the prep and what products they use. I got a quote from a bodyshop to paint our chrome SLT grill and was concerned about it holding up but they assured me it would be good to go. That said I highly doubt you will get a professional bodyshop to disassemble the mirror, prep, paint and reinstall it for anywhere close to the $100 factory part. Looks to be a fairly simple swap you could do yourself with a little patience

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu