Can anyone help me reconcile the difference in production status code from Dealer vs GMC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starbai

Reaction score
Essentially. I logged onto GMC Chat (and also subsequently called them) and they have consistently told me like 4 times now the status of my build/order is 2030.

Looking into this it means GM accepted my order (awesome) - no production scheduled yet, -meh- but okay I'm not in a rush.

Diving further, 2030 means GM made a change to the order. Looking at other posts it could be something minor it could be something not minor. So I'm keen to figure out what it is. GMC Chat and Call Center confirmed again this morning that its status 2030 but couldn't tell me anything about whats changed. They said call the dealer.

So I call the dealer, the salesguy (who's been great thus far) looks it up real time and says the status 1100. Which basically means its in the system, but not accepted yet.

I get back on GMC chat just to check whats up, did they read it wrong? Nope. Still 2030 in their system.

I know I'm coming across as incredibly impatient esp since I know I've got a long road ahead before this thing is in my driveway.

My concern is that GM changed something critical on me that I dont want to accept. And I dont want to wait 3+ months to figure out they're building something that I do not want. I'm sorry but I'm not flexible if I'm spending 90k on something.

Looking at another post here today another member placed an order and after waiting months its showing up in a completely different color (his least favorite possible choice). This is what I'm trying to avoid. If it still takes 6 months to show up from today. I can live with that. But what arrives needs to be exactly what I expected/ordered.

So. Who to trust? Dealer System? GM System? How do I figure out whats changed if the dealer doesn't even show that its been accepted and they're the only one that can supposedly give me details?

Anyone with experience on this would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
S

starbai

Reaction score
Yeap I knew the codes. I think I got it from the same source of your screen shot.

Problem is dealer says 1100. GMC says 2030. When I press GMC for more info, they say talk to the dealer, we have no further info. Dealer says all we see is 1100, we have no more info.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeap I knew the codes. I think I got it from the same source of your screen shot.

Problem is dealer says 1100. GMC says 2030. When I press GMC for more info, they say talk to the dealer, we have no further info. Dealer says all we see is 1100, we have no more info.
I would take your dealers word over GM chat

OP
OP
S

starbai

Reaction score
I may have to, though its not the news I want to hear lol.

For what its worth, GMC Chat (and calling them) - a total of 4 separate communications all said the same thing. 2030, GM Accepted the order. They supposedly contacted someone in "production" while I waited on hold for this information.

An error once I get. even 2x I get. but after 4 contacts, they said the same thing 4 times. 2030. So arguably, do I take the word of dealer who's reading a computer screen or supposedly the people responsible for actually building the thing.

I could see an argument for both sides.

Crash51730

Reaction score
I would listen to the dealer. Chances are something is on constraint or possibly the seatbelt recall which is causing GM to “change” your order. I would take the “change” with a grain of salt. I think delayed is probably a better identifier but they will never in a million years say that. You are going to have to be patient or else settle with something you are not happy with. Neither one will probably happen anytime soon. I seriously doubt GM will significantly change your order but it will take some time.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what has the dealer said about the difference? I wouldn't mention that you asked GM 4x...just simply ask the dealer why there's a difference between the two when you checked the other day/today/a minute ago

not that you need additional confusion, but there's another forum where they have someone retrieving event codes

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, 1100 at dealer, 2030 on chat.

My guess is the 2030 status is internal to to the production team, and could be for issues where they have to edit the build to account for retrofits/missing options (e.g. 4 way lumbar instead of 2 way, parking sensor retrofit, no steering column lock, etc.).

Back when we could still track internally on another forum, they would show different info than dealers a lot of the time.

OP
OP
S

starbai

Reaction score
ce? I wouldn't mention that you asked GM 4x...just simply ask the dealer why there's a difference
what has the dealer said about the difference? I wouldn't mention that you asked GM 4x...just simply ask the dealer why there's a difference between the two when you checked the other day/today/a minute ago

not that you need additional confusion, but there's another forum where they have someone retrieving event codes

Dealer basically says GMC Chat is useless based in their experience. I was told a story about a guy who connected with chat for info on his HD Pickup and they told him it was for a Corvette. Obviously anecdotal, and hearsay over like 3 different parties. But still. That tells their posture. Our system says 1100, not accepted. Therefore I can't tell you anything more at this time beacuse to my knowledge its not been accepted.

Chat has repeatedly confirmed status 2030. Its one thing if they mistook information once. Even twice. But 4x on chat now and 1x I even called GMC's customer service. I was put on hold while that person 'checked with *** dept' - I'm assuming production support or something. And they too confirmed 2030.

Basically nothing I can do since no one can give me anymore information, until the dealer's system catches up with what GMC says. (Or GMC was wrong and it some how drops back down to 1100...)

I'm trying not to pester the dealer cuz (1) they've been fantastic, honoring supplier discount, no BS (so far). (2) I'm not really in a rush anyway, the car will get here when it gets here.

My bigger concern was the status saying GM changed something. I wanna know what that something is, or at the very least confirm its not something that is a major priority on my list. (Again reminded of the dood on this forum who ordered one color 22 and is some how getting a beige 23 (his least preferred option). Waiting months I can live with, but waiting months for it to show up incorrect/unacceptable is not cool.

OP
OP
S

starbai

Reaction score
Add to the chat/phone conversations,

I just got this e-mail from [email protected].

Dear XYZ,

Here is the current status for your order:

Your vehicle order with Order ID XXXXXX, 2023 GMC Yukon has been accepted by GMC and is working toward the production process. Target Production Week is not yet available. Please keep in touch with your dealership for the most up-to-date information, or check back later for a status update.

I will send you another update next Tuesday.

If you would like to check on your vehicle order status before then, please feel free to chat from www.gmc.com, or you may contact me directly at my phone number listed below.
For faster service, please reference your case number X-XXXXXXXXXX or your order number .

Thank you for choosing for your new vehicle!

Customer Assistance

I question its validity since it seems automated. But says "I will update you" - as if its an individual. Also mentions a "phone number below" but no phone number given.