CAI,etc... for 2000 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vonneffdobermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all... I am looking to add a CAI. I have a 2000 Yukon Denali with stock exhaust. Money aside, which would be the best. I will be doing exhaust later, but not for a year or so.

Also, what type of sound do you get out of a CAI?

And do these help out on MPG?

I also saw something about a tune. What is that? and I am sure it increase4s power but what about MPG.. Thats my big concern.. Want to increasse MPG as well.

Sorry for all the questions, just got my Denali a week ago.

Any and all suggestions are welcome...

Von Neff Dobermans

Last edited:

04Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the AEM Brute Force. Ran around $295

It improved the mileage nearly 2mpg. If you keep your foot out of it.

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
If your Denali has the body style like mine you may want to post in the 91-99 section.
As for intake Volant, K&N, AEM are all good brands. Volant will flow the best but is also the most expensive from what I've seen. For sound just drive your truck around with the airbox lid off, it will sound like that but louder. A tune will increase mpg as will an intake, but like 04Hoe said only if you don't run it hard.

OP
OP
V

vonneffdobermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice... Between those CAI, is there one that does something to make one better than another? Or are they all about the same?
I will go look and see, may be back with more questions....

What brand of Tune is good? I have seen Black Bear or something on a few other posts... Fill me in...

Also, what different type of body styles are there? and for it to be posted in the 91 - 99 forum... Confused.. I thought a 2000 would be a 2000.. lol.. Need some schooling here guys..

Last edited:

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
Try to get one with the box around the filter. Our engines have a good amount of torque. Something that contributes to that is the cooled air that the box has on tap for the engine when it demands it. Without it, the engine is just sucking in air from around the engine compartment.

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
Volant would be the best because it has ducting that will draw air from under the fender (where the coolest air is) but from what I have seen Volant is about $100 more than my pick (K&N). The k&n has a box around the filter element but some people say it still gets too much warm air from under the hood.

BB tune is the best according to anyone on here. It's because it is an in-person tune so your truck can be tuned to run according to your needs and to whatever accessories you have on it, intake, exhaust etc.

Now for body styles.. Our trucks are considered to be in the 91-99 section because they are the same truck under the body panels, ours have the 5.7 Vortec and the same drive train as those years. The same can be said for the 2000 Tahoe limited and the z71 edition Tahoe. It is confusing because gmc/chevy also made the newer body style tahoe with the 5.3 motor and updated drivetrain and body style later in 2000.

You have been schooled :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper