Buy or not to buy 21 Tahoe premier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 21 Tahoe with max trailering pkg
Enhanced display
22” wheels
Black bow ties

the truck has been built and it’s in transit
Because of the semiconductor issue, the trailering pkg did not make the cut.

I very very rarely and never anything very heavy, trailer anything. I put the system on all of the trucks I’ve owned because of the 2 speed transfer case and heavy duty cooling radiator.

I don’t know how the trailering controller works as I’ve never needed it. The cooling system seems to be more capable than my 19 burb with the max trailering pkg.
The rear view mirror has that lcd display included and the 2 speed transfer case is part of the premier pkg already.

min the past chevy has included parts of a package when something wasn’t available. In a 17 Tahoe I got a digital display when an analog set(original equip) up was not available.

should anything keep me from going forward with my acquisition.

what’s your opinions?

Last edited:

Goldenbear03

Reaction score
I'd take it, take the max trailering savings off, and move along happily. I bought it for mine for the same reasons you did, but it's largely worthless to me as anything more than a sense of security. I'll likely never use it at a level that requires the "max" portion of the package. Drive your new vehicle and be happy.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The advantage of max towing on the '21s is minimal compared to previous years. I want to say it adds only another 500lbs of towing capacity if I'm not mistaken. You will likely be limited by your payload and tongue weight on these vehicles before you hit your max towing capacity anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos