Buy a New 2024 Yukon or Tahoe or wait til 25s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Collectorzdream

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really want to purchase a new 2024 Yukon Denali or Tahoe High Country but concerned about the value instantly sinking when the 2025 Refresh comes along. Am I over thinking it or do you guys think the value would not take a huge hit. I have been looking at used 2021-2023s and they are just overpriced and I know they will go down once people start trading in these for the 2025s

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up to you. I factory ordered in mid February and took delivery in late April. Realistically, at that time it would have been another year before I’d be in a 2025 at the earliest. I also got $8,000 off my XL SLT factory order… not a bad deal.

For me, really what’s going to change? A slightly modified grill and a few touchups on the dash. It’s still going to be the same truck though I do understand the new diesel will be released. That could be a good thing, or a bad thing too.

Overall at this stage of the year, I’d be inclined to wait, especially if you’re planning on keeping it 10 years. If you’re gonna trade in a few years, who cares.

OP
OP
C

Collectorzdream

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! 8k off was a nice deal. I’m only seeing 5-6k off of the 2024s High Country’s & Denali’s in my area. I usually look to trade every 3 years or so

MN1965

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was on the wait list for a 2025, but when I saw the fingerprint magnet (touch screen) and through-the-bumper exhaust, I decided to go for a 2024. I found one that a local dealer has ordered that matched everything in my build except power steps (constraints). Close enough. Order has been accepted, but no production date yet. I'm guessing I'll have it in a couple months.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! 8k off was a nice deal. I’m only seeing 5-6k off of the 2024s High Country’s & Denali’s in my area. I usually look to trade every 3 years or so
If that’s the case, I’d pull the trigger on the best deal. Can’t really see resale being that big of an issue, especially if the price is right on your purchase.

Also, I should add I’m in Nova Scotia, so prices are probably a bit higher. Truck MRSP’d for $103,*** CDN with diesel, max tow, sunroof/premium/luxry package.

I have to say, I really like how this diesel pulls on the highway! Great fuel economy too!

Hrocks

Reaction score
I was on the wait list for a 2025, but when I saw the fingerprint magnet (touch screen) and through-the-bumper exhaust, I decided to go for a 2024. I found one that a local dealer has ordered that matched everything in my build except power steps (constraints). Close enough. Order has been accepted, but no production date yet. I'm guessing I'll have it in a couple months.
One of my full sized GM SUV's had the power steps. (Escalade) Based on my personal experience, if you live in an area of the country that uses salt on their roads, the power steps over time will most likely be affected and seize. Mine were replaced under warranty, but my guess is that unless the design has been modified, it may well still be an issue.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really want to purchase a new 2024 Yukon Denali or Tahoe High Country but concerned about the value instantly sinking when the 2025 Refresh comes along. Am I over thinking it or do you guys think the value would not take a huge hit. I have been looking at used 2021-2023s and they are just overpriced and I know they will go down once people start trading in these for the 2025s
I'm afraid you have the obsolete idea that newer equals better. In many cases it does not. In 2025 you'll probably find yourself forced into a hybrid which most people do not want. If you like the 24 model buy it now.

TXbarney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now may be a good time to buy....... I have read that all car makers have more days inventory that they like. They have finally caught up from the problems during Covid and the present higher interest rates have worked together to create this excess inventory.
You are going to get your best deal on vehicle they have on the lot but some dealers will
special order and still give you some discount, but they want to move what they have...
which also means you might get a good deal on a vehicle that has more options than
you would order.

DaveL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I decided to wait for the 2025. The main reason was to get the newer diesel. The second reason was for the new interior. The last reason is I have been wanting a Tahoe or Yukon for at least 15 years and waiting another year is not a huge deal for me. Kids college expenses are now in the rearview mirros so I can buy my dream vehicle instead of what I need to do for everyone else in the family.
We went to look at the Lexus TX 500H 2 months ago and then went to look at a 2024 Tahoe. I thought the Tahoe was a much better vehicle.
I keep our vehicles until they don't work anymore so resell value is not a big factor for me when considering a car.
I think I prefer the new dashboard that will be in the 2025 Tahoe over the 2024 Tahoe, 2024 Yukon or what I think will be in the 2025 Yukon.
Our oldest car right now is a 2004 Toyota Hybrid Camry. It still get 37 MPG with 180K miles on it. We did replace the battery one time. It wasn't that much to replace it. The Camry needs to last until next spring when the 2025 Tahoe with the new diesel in it is ready.
I live in southern California (not too close to the ocean) so vehicles tend to last here plus I don't drive that much anymore.

OP
OP
C

Collectorzdream

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all comments! I went ahead and purchased a 2024 Yukon Denali. Got a little over 5k off and felt the offer for my trade was good so I went for it. I’ll post pictures soon

Attachments

• IMG_4105.jpeg
    IMG_4105.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4106.jpeg
    IMG_4106.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dimi3