Build a Center Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maddogzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I’m new here and I have a 2001 a Yukon XL I have been thinking about building a new center console for my truck I want more room and my console is too low and the rear radio controls no longer serve a purpose has another changed things around ? Built one or even bought a newer one and been able to install it ? Thanks in Advance.

OP
OP
M

maddogzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you go about changed that for the lights and what not ? Did you buy plastic parts that fit ? And how would One go about making an inverted built in ?

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you go about changed that for the lights and what not ? Did you buy plastic parts that fit ? And how would One go about making an inverted built in ?

well for the basic shape I used small plastic containers and finished it with fiberglass and bondo.

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carve the shape you want out of styrofoam and fiberglass oevr it. You can use acetone later to remove the foam from inside the console.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts