Brush/Girlle Guard Decesion making...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacklaceyz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've been lurking for a really long time and finally decided to make my first post. Its quite simple actually, I just need some opinions. Im deciding between two grille guards, the Ranch Hand and the Westin/DeeZee one. of course pics are below and if youre wondering what I whip around in(Pics after install): 2009 white z71 4x4, CCM Leveling Kit, Pioneer Avic x940bt, BFG All Terrains 185,65,18. Let me know what yall think! :boti:

RanchHand:
great front.jpg

Westin/DeeZee:
user776_pic9660_1296579782.jpg

Yukon&Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the "look" your going for.... "Family 4x4"? If so I'd go Westin. If your going for a more "rugged-rough & tough" than I'd say the ranch and with the expanded metal insert!!

Dmattingly13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Westin. If your looking for another option, I think bullbars look pretty sweet too. Basic, but def add to a true 4x4 look in a modest way

cjweb11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO something just doesn't look quite right with bull bars on the nnbs, as much as I want them to

If you have the Z71 I'd say the ranch hand looks better

What y'all think about Go Industries - The Rancher Grill Guard? below

45733.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I like the clean 90deg angles on it, think it would look cool on a Z71, wish I could find a pic of it on one

Dmattingly13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The bull bars that mount where the tow hooks are located are much better looking than the ones that mount underneath the front air dam. Those ones just don't seem right to me. Way too low unless the truck is lifted. But I'm definitely a fan of the bars

Attachments

• steelcraft-bull-bar.jpg
    steelcraft-bull-bar.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 23

carduke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the rugged look of RanchHand. But if you don't go off the road too much, a bullbar is definitely a good choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n