Brake line replacement efforts and ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1997 2 door 4WD is going to need the brake lines replaced.
its got 209K miles and was originally from South Carolina( been in NH now for 9 years). So I cant really complain about how long/short they lasted.....

Bunch of questions coming to mind:
Who's gone with the SS versus plain steel or cu-ni lines that are out there now?
Pre-formed kit versus make them up yourself?

Not really looking forward to doing this myself either so what can I expect to pay for this?
Or was it easier than you'd expected or wish you had "paid $$ to get 'er done"?
Thanks in advance
Tbruz

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
My 1997 2 door 4WD is going to need the brake lines replaced.
its got 209K miles and was originally from South Carolina( been in NH now for 9 years). So I cant really complain about how long/short they lasted.....

Bunch of questions coming to mind:
Who's gone with the SS versus plain steel or cu-ni lines that are out there now?
Pre-formed kit versus make them up yourself?

Not really looking forward to doing this myself either so what can I expect to pay for this?
Or was it easier than you'd expected or wish you had "paid $$ to get 'er done"?
Thanks in advance
Tbruz
We did the steel line prebent ones from Inline tube for my 2dr 4wd. Direct bolt up. Did the rears and it seems to be just fine.

OP
OP
T

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local shop did all six brake lines with hand formed Cu-Ni lines, $448 out the door. I was pleasantly surprised at the cost as I was expecting $800+ from what I'd heard.
Tbruz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645