Bluetooh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon Dinali; after a recent iPhone update, I have problems connecting with my inboard entertainment system. My iPhone will play music via Bluetooth. GPS maps will work via Bluetooth. But if I get a phone call, the microphone doesn’t work and I have to turn Bluetooth off and use my iPhone on speaker instead of through the system. Also, if I’m trying to send a text message and I wanna dictate, that won’t work if Bluetooth is on. All of this used to work. I contacted the GMC dealer but they had no answer other than to do a factory restore to my phone which I did. If I use Siri, that too works fine via BT.
Anyone else have this problem?

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chi removing your iPhone from the radio and remove the radio from your iPhone and disconnect negative battery for 15 minutes?

OP
OP
dapapa

dapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you tried un-paring the phone and then paring it back again.
I’ve tried all of these suggestions except disconnecting the negative terminal. Thanks all for suggestions

OP
OP
dapapa

dapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve tried all of these suggestions except disconnecting the negative terminal. Thanks all for suggestions
I limped along for a long time with the Bluetooth not working through the phone. Ghost10 suggested disconnecting the battery. Well, just a few weeks back, with some serious New England zero weather, the battery died one morning Nothing. No click. Totally dead. I had AAA come and run some cables and after 5 minutes it started. And surprisingly, once it started the Bluetooth issue was resolved.
Also, I Had not back then noticed that my native navigation system/maps and the compass were also NOT working. After the dead battery, even they were back working fully.
I should have followed Ghost10's advice back in April