Blend door actuator relearn procedure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
simple
Step 1 change the temp to anything besides 74F
Step 2 pop hood
Step 3 open hood
Step 4 locate battery
Step 5 Disconnect the Negative battery for 10min.
Step 6 reconnect battery
Step 7 close hood

bam A/C is reset to confirm it's been reset the Temp will show 74F on both screens and will be on the floor and face

now reset to desired settings.. rear A/C will also have to be adjusted to desired settings

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How?

I've seen references to a relearn procedure for the blend doors, but not the procedure itself. Any info?

From the shop manual for Manual AC:

Actuator Recalibration

When replacing the HVAC control module it will be necessary to allow the HVAC control module to perform a calibration process. When installing the HVAC control module be sure to perform the following:

Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result.

Place the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Disconnect the scan tool.
Install the HVAC control module.
Connect all previously disconnected components.
Start the vehicle.
Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate.
Verify that no DTCs have set as current DTCs.
When replacing the HVAC actuator it will be necessary to allow the HVAC control module to perform a calibration process. When installing the HVAC actuator be sure to perform one of the following:

Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result.

Preferred Method (w/ Scan Tool)
Clear all DTCs.
Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
Install the HVAC actuator.
Start the vehicle.
With the scan tool, initiate the Motor Re-calibration feature of the Heating and Air Conditioning Special Functions menu.

Alternate Method (w/o Scan Tool)
Clear all DTCs.
Place the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Install the HVAC actuator.
Remove the HVAC/ECAS fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds.
Install the HVAC/ECAS fuse.
Start the vehicle.
Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate.

OP
OP
Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, circling back on this one. I’m thinking the actuators likely need replacement based on comments read in several threads. What I haven’t seen yet is any mention of the part numbers for the actuators. Are both driver and passenger the same part or different? I’d like to order a set to have ready and just swap them in when I go down under the dash.

OneofFew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, circling back on this one. I’m thinking the actuators likely need replacement based on comments read in several threads. What I haven’t seen yet is any mention of the part numbers for the actuators. Are both driver and passenger the same part or different? I’d like to order a set to have ready and just swap them in when I go down under the dash.
They are different. Some call the one on the passenger side blend door actuator (temperature), the driver side the mode door actuator (air direct).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE