Blacked Out Infotainment Screen Recall (Software Update) / Left Turn Signal Noise Briefly Disappears Occasionally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might just be coincidental, but thought I'd mention something about it...

I took my 2021 Tahoe Premiere w/5.3L V8 (built in March '21) to the dealer for an alignment under warranty (since the steering wheel has been off a little since it was new) which they covered under warranty. While in there, they discovered it needed the software update to fix the blank screen issue when at cold temperatures. Nowhere was I able to find my vehicle was part of that recall through the GM Owner Center or NHTSA when searching with my VIN. I also have not experienced that black-out screen issue, although it hasn't been that cold since I bought the vehicle.

Here's more info on that exact update that was performed...
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/0...te-for-blacked-out-infotainment-screen-issue/

I did have one glitch occur since the update where the turn signal noise disappeared but the turn signal light was still flashing on the dash...after turning the signal off and back on again that brought the noise back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Micahsd

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update on the turn signal glitch...it still does it, but I've been able to confirm that it only does it when the left turn signal is on. It's just very strange...the turn signal indicator light on the gauge cluster will continue to flash, but no turn signal noise can be heard for about 3-4 flashes, then it comes back. I've been unable to get it caught on cell phone video since it doesn't last for very long.

Has anyone else experienced this issue. It never did it prior to that black-screen software update which the dealer performed for that recall. Since it doesn't occur every time it's one of those things that if it to the dealer for they'd think I was nuts or woudln't be able to duplicate it.

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
I've had the turn signal tone not go off any time i'm at highway speeds and sometimes in city driving. It's annoying.

OP
OP
Micahsd

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the turn signal tone not go off any time i'm at highway speeds and sometimes in city driving. It's annoying.
I do know at highway speeds when there’s a lot of background noise the turn signal clicking can be easily drowned out. I run into that all the time too, but when this issue is cropping up I’m usually at a low speed or at a stop light…I’d hear it click like normal, then the clicks stop for 3-4 times, then it comes back.

As far as I know the lights outside are flashing as the indicator light for the signal continues to flash (been trying to verify that fact but usually when it acts up I’m not directly behind anyone).

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
I agree the turn signal is too quiet while driving. It bugs the hell out of me. Most times I can't tell if it's on and if you hold the stalk too long (for temporary signal) it doesn't go off and there's no way to tell but by looking at the cluster.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2021 Denali has the turn signal audible clicking go out both left and right. I just had it at the dealer yesterday to get a dash rattle corrected and forgot to ask about this weird glitch.

OP
OP
Micahsd

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2021 Denali has the turn signal audible clicking go out both left and right. I just had it at the dealer yesterday to get a dash rattle corrected and forgot to ask about this weird glitc

OP
OP
Micahsd

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s interesting. It still hasn’t done it on the right for me but the left it seems to happen often since they installed that software update.

Mine was built in March ‘21…if yours is newer it’s possible you have that newer version of the software already that triggered the issue in mine.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s interesting. It still hasn’t done it on the right for me but the left it seems to happen often since they installed that software update.

Mine was built in March ‘21…if yours is newer it’s possible you have that newer version of the software already that triggered the issue in mine.

Mine was built in Jan/Feb 21 as I took delivery in mid February.

jhay635

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do know at highway speeds when there’s a lot of background noise the turn signal clicking can be easily drowned out. I run into that all the time too, but when this issue is cropping up I’m usually at a low speed or at a stop light…I’d hear it click like normal, then the clicks stop for 3-4 times, then it comes back.

As far as I know the lights outside are flashing as the indicator light for the signal continues to flash (been trying to verify that fact but usually when it acts up I’m not directly behind anyone).
My '21 is doing this as well. I had it in the shop about 2 months ago & now today for same issue - the service rep told me to get it on video when it happens. I was finally able to capture on video to show the service tech. Today the service rep called & said they can only get it to duplicate if the driver isn't wearing a seat belt. Strange - when I took the video I was wearing my seatbelt. Hoping Chevy will get something figured out on this & get it corrected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo