Black Widow muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold start and idle of my 2013 Denali with the Black Widow Race Venom 3.5".

Warm start and revs. Sorry she is dirty, its been raining here lol. Everything else is stock besides an Airaid Jr.
Got some more Black Widow muffler motivation sounds great bud

Sent from Dugar's iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great. I love this rad noise but good inside. Sooooo glad I started this topic, was tired of the flowmaster drone. Anyone done a count of people we have converted?

No idea, but add me to the list.:gr_grin:

I really like my MagnaFlow on the 05 tahoe and was looking to get another for the 10 but now I'm thinking I may go with this one even at 2x the price.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MagnaFlow is only $65 vs the bw $124 so close enough.. lol. Unless I'm looking at the wrong bw price??

gotcha.

I've always been a big fan of Magnaflow; I dig the deep, smooth burble their mufflers and systems offer. But this Black Widow seems like a nice shift in tone. It sounds to me like a blend between Magnaflow and Flowmaster---kind of the best of both worlds.

I'm more or less planning to give my '08 to my younger daughter within a year or so, so I'm hesitant to make a muffler swap since she'd probably not like it. But it that wasn't the case, I'd have already installed the Black Widow Venom 250. Really good stuff.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your thinking @ubervic.

I've got a Flowmaster 50 and thinking about changing it out for one of these Black Widow series for a different tone. Maybe the Race Venom for the 06? Or just go with the Venom 250 that is noted on this thread so much and sounds great. Thoughts?
Thx man.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your thinking @ubervic.

I've got a Flowmaster 50 and thinking about changing it out for one of these Black Widow series for a different tone. Maybe the Race Venom for the 06? Or just go with the Venom 250 that is noted on this thread so much and sounds great. Thoughts?
Thx man.

Really hard to recommend the Race Venom over the Venom 250, or vice versa----both sound great, and it's mostly a question of how ballsy you want the truck to sound. lol

I'd probably go with the Venom 250 and keep my factory resonator to start. But I'm an older family man who just appreciates a deep but muscular purr from my exhaust tone. :cool:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ubervic

Appreciate the input. The Suburban has to pretty much stay as it is. The wife wants nothing to do with exhaust as it is her daily driver. I might just do the SLP resonator delete to make it look better at some point.

For the 06, I am kind of bored with the Flowmaster 50 and I am tempted to push the button a bit more, but don't want to be too obnoxious. I have followed this thread from the start and every application really sounds good. Maybe just switch out to the Venom 250....but the balls of the Race Venom could be cool too...

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Copy that @Fosscore
All things considered, I will probably do the SLP delete for the looks and since it won't change the tone much. Even my daughter should dig that, if in fact she inherits my '08. :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts