Best tires for a 2017 LT w/18" wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions, on Michelins now, but their pretty done, any brand recommended?

18" stock aluminum wheels right now, and I don't mind them, look fine.

I have 4x4 but it only sees light sand by the beaches, kayak launch etc, so I am mostly looking at the best price for a comfortable, "luxury" ride, no hard core off road (more like a "Soft Road" vehicle")

Also - anyone think I should go to a couple custom wheel stores and see if they have any take-offs from someone who bought new and immediately changed out the wheels? I could do a new set of wheels, but tires need to be in great shape.

Any and All replies appreciated, thx!

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the General Altimax RT43 tires. They are awesome in the winter also. Consumer Reports has them as the number 1 tire and they are also highly rated on Tire Rack.
They also have an awesome price :) Just not sure if they go all the way up size wise to Tahoes. I have them on our cars and mid size SUVs.

!cid_storage_emulated_0__EmailTempImage_1_RotateImage_20210224_190002_jpg_1614211218439.jpg

Last edited:

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a more aggressive light truck tread here is Consumer Reports top tested tires.

tires.jpg

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally LOVE Falken Wildpeak AT3w's. Some of the best tires I have ever owned and very affordable.

My brother has these on his F150 and says he'll never buy another tire. Has over 50k miles on them and they look barely worn. Very aggressive looking.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelin defender ltx m/s. Is what you seek

Michelin at’s are a nice quiet at tire that looks good too.

But the ms tire is aggressive enough for snow, quiet and a great highway tire.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been satisfied with the OEM Bridgestone Duelers so that is what I bought when it was time to replace the originals. Plus they can be found at very nice prices they look good ride smooth and quiet. The original pair had plenty of tread left but the tires were 8 years old and a bit hard. They pulled we through a long unplowed driveway with 16" and a couple of hard packed drifts with no problem in four wheel drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157