Best place to find a 6.0/6.2 crate engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Title says it all my motors getting closer and closer to 400,000 miles leaking oil out the rear seal slight lifter tap on cold starts from the dod lifters I haven’t replaced yet all I did was tune the dod out when we tuned it
I’m going to drive it until something happens to the current motor but I want to go ahead and have a game plan for a replacement costs and start getting everything lined up so when it does happen I can ****** the old one out drop the new one in.
Shooting for around 500-600hp
Trying to keep it under 10K
Any advice or website/company referrals would be greatly appreciated im located in North Carolina
If I could find someone who rebuilds motors I’d be fine with that as I found a mild 6.2 for 5500$ cammed but couldn’t ever get a response from the guy

Attachments

• F5A42725-6F78-4C43-8A2C-6D2ABB5BB92D.jpeg
    F5A42725-6F78-4C43-8A2C-6D2ABB5BB92D.jpeg
    373.8 KB · Views: 12

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 495 hp long block for my Hummer. GM #

19432424​

It has rectangle port intake so I swapped the new heads out for a set of Z06 243 heads which upped compression. I also swapped intakes to a TBSS intake to use a larger throttle body. The cam that's in it pretty much sucks for truck use so I went with a BTR Stage II low lift cam. Overall, it was a beast and I could spin all 4 tires at will. There are a few more things required, pm me if you want more info. It required HP Tuners to make it run but I did all of this for under $6000.

If you go to a 6.2 you will run into ECM issues.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, your Tahoe looks great for having closer to 400k miles. Mine looks like it was just washed at a concrete plant.

If you can find a bare block and internals, these guys would be good options for a build. Burkett Racing in Jones County & P&M Performance in Jacksonville are two well-known machine shop/engine builders

Thompson Motorsports Sports has a good reputation as well.

Otherwise you can't go wrong with a GM long or short block.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Damn, your Tahoe looks great for having closer to 400k miles. Mine looks like it was just washed at a concrete plant.

If you can find a bare block and internals, these guys would be good options for a build. Burkett Racing in Jones County & P&M Performance in Jacksonville are two well-known machine shop/engine builders

Thompson Motorsports Sports has a good reputation as well.

Otherwise you can't go wrong with a GM long or short block.
Thanks buddy I talked to p&m about my white truck the head bolt holes stripped and they wanted the motor to be pulled to fix it so I ordered the time sert kit took the head off and fixed it with the help of my step father (retired air force engine shop supervisor) I like to work on myself but do not have the garage or tools to do any internal work so I was trying to find something I could just drop in tune and go and still make good power probably have it cammed out the gate with a good top end internals etc

WHYTNOYZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I have 05 yuk Denali xl 6.0l and would like to get a crate engine that would bolt rite up without any extras if possible. Crate means it's been updated and done in a way for most power ,correct? I'm in Southern California if you all know of reputable companies that may be able to help me out. Thx in advance for any help u could provide. Thx B.

jmil1974

Reaction score
You should be able to grab a low mile L9h, drop it in, tune it, and go. Ls3 wouldn't be that much harder and wouldn't need to have the AFM/DoD delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right