Best LED lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ranchero64

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am thinking of replacing my DTR lights with LEDs. I'm tired of one of the lights always being burnt out. LEDs but they theoretically should last longer, right? I have them in the fog lights and puddle lights and he license plate light. And those have gone a long time, but The ones for the license plate I replace every 2-3 months, I don't want this issue with the DTR lights. Any suggestions for a good brand or from a reputable supplier?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Superbrightleds.com

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazon, eBay. Is where I get mine, just look for Cree and or 5050 smd in what ever color you want.

I have ordered and installed hundreds of leds in vehicals.
None have burnt out

OP
OP
R

Ranchero64

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The ones that I have had trouble with start to flicker or one "bank" of lights goes out. I'll look. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burbin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's my next purchase also LED for interior and exterior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Autozone LED lights for my DRL and not even 5 months later the RH is going out and the LH is blinking... I say screw it, I will not have any DRLs... Removing the front bumper to replace bulbs is ridiculous. Not sure what planet these Engineer Jerks are from but really?

John

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my LED's last and last and last. Lol. Also, why do you guys pull your front bumpers off to replace bulbs? I've had both headlights out far enough multiple times to replace bulbs and all of them were fairly easily accessible after removing only the three bolts retaining each headlight housing and the top row of bolts retaining the grill. Seems like a total waste of time to be tearing your whole front end off to replace bulbs when its not necessary.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree, but when I tried to do it without removing the bumper I could not get it far enough out to actually get my hand in there without bending the fender or breaking the headlight assy...

I tried removing the top of the bumper too...

Ill try it again, just not into forcing it.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to force it. As I said, just remove the three bolts holding the headlight in place, along with the top row along the core support for the grill and then massage the housing toward the front of the truck and you'll end up with about a 2.5-3" gap available for easy bulb replacements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mpulido