BB tuning site in NE - show of hands?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I'd like to petition BlackBear for an in-person tuning event site up in MA for this year. I know they've done Springfield area in the past and was thinking that or Worcester would be an ideally centralized location for guys in the CT, RI, NH, VT areas (and eastern NY State/southern ME). I know @95escahoe @Galante @lynxnova @mals are all interested and that's 5 of the 15 necessary to book an event right there!

I opted to post here to increase visibility for NE area guys since @95escahoe's post in Black Bear's vendor thread wasn't getting enough attention. So post up if you'd be interested guys! And spread the word to other truck guys that may not be active forum members so we can get the list full!

1) Onebadsss
2) 95escahoe
3) Galante
4) Lynxnova
5) Mals
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump for this, I wish it would happen but Black Bear has absolutely no interest in helping us out in the Northeast when I posted it was basically go to NJ or that's it, we all ready have 5 people I could easily get 5+ more if they wanted to be nice and have a tune event up here like they did years ago, I'm not gonna bother with there mail order tune since they won't even give this event a shot, I found a local tuner that has a dyno, will do a before and after dyno pull, improve the shift points, and get 40hp 35tq for $600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@95escahoe who's your local guy?

ACI Dynamix http://acidynamix.com

I've never used them personally but a friend of mine his buddy has a GTI they did a bunch of work on, they work on everything from domestics to exotics, figured if I was gonna get it tuned I'd rather an in person tune so I can have some kind of baseline numbers and see the gains etc. I'm aiming to get it tuned before winter.

Last edited:

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump for this, I wish it would happen but Black Bear has absolutely no interest in helping us out in the Northeast when I posted it was basically go to NJ or that's it, we all ready have 5 people I could easily get 5+ more if they wanted to be nice and have a tune event up here like they did years ago, I'm not gonna bother with there mail order tune since they won't even give this event a shot, I found a local tuner that has a dyno, will do a before and after dyno pull, improve the shift points, and get 40hp 35tq for $600

We have been monitoring this thread since it was posted in May and saw no response to it. We would be happy to entertain new locations, however we have limited travel time available each year. When we've proposed North East locations in the past, the turnout has always been very low. From a business standpoint, it doesn't make sense for us to choose against a high turnout location for a low turnout location.

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have been monitoring this thread since it was posted in May and saw no response to it. We would be happy to entertain new locations, however we have limited travel time available each year. When we've proposed North East locations in the past, the turnout has always been very low. From a business standpoint, it doesn't make sense for us to choose against a high turnout location for a low turnout location.
Completely understandable! It really is on us in the New England region to get the headcount rallied. I do have a suggestion though (not sure how feasible it is so please forgive me if it's not): would it be possible to setup some kind of signup page on the BlackBearPerformance site directly for requesting in-person tuning locations? I feel like that would be much more effective in drawing in potential customers vs. us trying to use this one forum (since there are potentially many more wannabe customers out there that are NOT members of this forum and therefore wouldn't see this thread...). I find it hard to believe we couldn't get a good turnout for a New England based tuning event!

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I get where your coming from business wise you need to make money, it's been how long since you were in Springfield last give it another shot I think the turnout would be pretty good, there's probably a bunch of people out there with GM trucks that check your site from time to time hoping you'll come to New England one day

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely understandable! It really is on us in the New England region to get the headcount rallied. I do have a suggestion though (not sure how feasible it is so please forgive me if it's not): would it be possible to setup some kind of signup page on the BlackBearPerformance site directly for requesting in-person tuning locations? I feel like that would be much more effective in drawing in potential customers vs. us trying to use this one forum (since there are potentially many more wannabe customers out there that are NOT members of this forum and therefore wouldn't see this thread...). I find it hard to believe we couldn't get a good turnout for a New England based tuning event!

Ya there's not many from New England on here, I bet there are some Silverado & Trailblazer SS owners and others up this way that would love a Blackbear tune, cause this is only a full-size SUV site

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ya there's not many from New England on here, I bet there are some Silverado & Trailblazer SS owners and others up this way that would love a Blackbear tune, cause this is only a full-size SUV site

I agree with everything that has been said in these quotes. Using this single semi-niche forum to organize an event definitely has its challenges. It seems like using your own site to list potential events would be a more focused way to draw in a wider range of customers. Would it be possible to put a potential event on your calendar like you did for the recent Somerset, NJ event? For quite some time it was just listed as a "Spring 2017" and eventually filled enough to hold it in July. If there was a Northeast event just listed as "Fall 2017" or something like that it would give us a point to focus on and direct others to.

I would imagine if it was promoted across this forum, and the countless other Full Sized GM Truck forums we could fill the slots in that time frame. Like I said, I'd be delighted to see another event in Western Massachusetts such as Amherst or Springfield, but would be willing to travel if it would make it more likely to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission