battery/mmobilizer question -01 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daol

Reaction score
hi, since winter is here now, first snow, and my battery is really old, it needs replacing.
I know on some cars, you can change the battery, and not have any problems with the alarm/immobilizer.
on other cars, the remote stop working if you remove the battery.
so my question is, can you change the battery on a 2001 tahoe, without having problems with the alarm/immobilizer?

Im asking since my central locking system died couple of weeks ago, and I havent found why yet, and bacause of that, I cant reprogram the key to the car, if the remote stop working after replacing the battery, so I know if I can replace the battery now, or if I have to wait, until I found out why the central locking isnt working.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes you can change the battery no problem, the old battery not working properly could be the issue anyway.

OP
OP
daol

daol

Reaction score
great, didnt want to start replacing it before I knew for sure, would suck to replace the battery just to find out I cant start the car:doh2:
well, the battery is working, well sort of, it does not want to charge properly to full, and with winter and soon sub 20c, I dont want to have an old bad battery hehe, but Im sure, its one of the motors in the doors, or a bad wire thats causing the central locking not to work, but finding the time do fix it, when Im more or less living at work atm:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmedsz