Basic Nav-TV or similar...where do I begin??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I'm thinking about finally up-grading my factory Bose, but I have no idea where to start. I know I want a monitor that I can use as a backup camera screen as well. Possibility of rear-seat monitors to be added for DVD function. The basic radio/mp3/CD functions too, of course. I'm not doing major speaker upgrades, not going for maximum decibels or bass, just something that does it all. GPS would be good, too.

Any recommendations for a basic (read "as cheap as possible to get the job done") would be appreciated, as I have no clue about car audio/video equipment these days.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have factory bose and for a while I just upgraded to an aftermarket HU nav... Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT - if I had a chance to buy something else, i'd buy this again. If you have the 02-06 then you have the double din dash so it would fit perfect and look pretty factory IMO. My bose speakers really opened up and sound WAY better with this HU too (left all factory bose in) so it should def make your speakers sound better then it already does.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
It's an '03.

Forgot to mention that.

From what I'm seeing, incorporating GPS is ridiculously expensive, so that does not have to be a buying criteria. I can use my Garmin or TomTom just fine.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to clarify, I think its 03-06....02's needed modded for DD.

Ah I see. Hmm could've sworn i read it was 02-06. Thanks for the clarification?

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

It's an '03.

Forgot to mention that.

From what I'm seeing, incorporating GPS is ridiculously expensive, so that does not have to be a buying criteria. I can use my Garmin or TomTom just fine.

Spent 800 after rebate. What's your limit? 7" double din DVD/media screen ~$450 and tom-tom/garmin ~$150 is roughly 600-700. Not thar far off in price difference. The wires hanging around and a second screen around my dash area without a clean mounting solution were huge deal breakers for me. The integrated speaker/media/nav/Bluetooth is worth the extra 100 or so that you wouldve spent otherwise. But to each his own! :Handshake:

In your case though I'd get that double din 7" non-nav pioneer avh-4200dvd... they are real nice.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P4200DVD-Double-DIN-Multimedia-Receiver/dp/B0038BM7F4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts