Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip0202

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a used 2008 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid. It came with a backup camera. The backup camera shows whats behind me, but doesn't have the lines on the screen that show if you're parking crooked or not. I have no problems backing up, but wonder if the lines not showing up is a camera error or whether or not they were ever there.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aloha & Welcome to the forum. I have a 2012 GMC Yukon SLE 5.3L and it doesn’t have any lines to assist in backing up. It’s just a fisheye lens picture that allows you to see what’s coming up in the lane you’re reversing into. Hope that helps. Aloha!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 2008 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid. It came with a backup camera. The backup camera shows whats behind me, but doesn't have the lines on the screen that show if you're parking crooked or not. I have no problems backing up, but wonder if the lines not showing up is a camera error or whether or not they were ever there.
The backup lines were not introduced until about 2010. My 2009 does not have them.

Aloha & Welcome to the forum. I have a 2012 GMC Yukon SLE 5.3L and it doesn’t have any lines to assist in backing up. It’s just a fisheye lens picture that allows you to see what’s coming up in the lane you’re reversing into. Hope that helps. Aloha!
Seems that yours has had some work done before on the steering wheel angle sensor or the lines could simply be turned off on yours.

The lines are programmed into the steering wheel angle sensor, not the camera.