Autoride air commpressor leaking when parked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m9808

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2002 Escalade and the air shocks were bad and leaking. I installed new shocks and also replaced the entire air line hose assembly all the way from the compressor to the shocks with new GM air lines.

It all works great now. Airs right up and auto levels when I put my trailer on it. But when it sets for a couple of hours it leaks down. I rechecked the shocks and air lines but have found no leaks.

Is it possible it could be leaking back through the air compressor?

If so, anyone know of a reseal kit for it, or do you just have to buy a new compressor?

I did a search but only came up with results about shocks and lines leaking.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start the truck, let the auto ride level out, then turn it off. Spray soapy water on all shocks, lines, compressor, fittings, etc. Look for bubbles, and you'll probably find the culprit.

OP
OP
M

m9808

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Start the truck, let the auto ride level out, then turn it off. Spray soapy water on all shocks, lines, compressor, fittings, etc. Look for bubbles, and you'll probably find the culprit.

Thank you, good advise, I have already rechecked the shocks and lines for leaks. I sprayed the compressor also, but I have not pulled the dirt cover off yet, so I was just peaking through the edges to see if I could see a leak at the compressor.

I'm familiar with hunting leaks on these air ride systems because I have been through all this before on my TBSS, my old H2 Hummer and my wives 07 Denali.

I have read tons of threads on shocks and bags leaking and burned up compressors, but I don't recall seeing anything about compressors letting the system leak down at rest.

I guess I am fishing to see if it has happened to anyone else before I shell out the cash for a new compressor.

thanks

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez, after all those vehicles w/ the auto ride I would assume that you'd want to yank the whole thing out at this point! LOL.

Hope someone comes along to help you.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've replaced my rear shocks as well as the compressor on my denali and at one point I did have a small leak between the compressor and the air dryer tank connected to the compressor. There is an o-ring that you could try relubing between those parts and see if that solves your problem, but I would take the cover off of it at least and you should be able to hear air leaking from it if it's bad enough.

Markc732

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever find the problem. I just installed new shocks and air lines and compressor and it fills up and within 2 min air is gone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe