Auto shutoff disable process

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this posted in another completely unrelated thread and thought you all may find benefit as I did and wanted to share here where it would be noticed:

I tried this yesterday and yes, it works! You start the vehicle as normal but keep holding the start button until the notice that auto shutoff is disabled. I was concerned about leaving my dog in my Yukon with the engine running and no ability to ensure it would still be running when I came back to it approx 30 min later. This is a fix!!!

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The auto shut down "feature" is so dumb. I don't understand what purpose it actually serves other than being annoying

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think this eliminates "Auto Stop/Start" just lets you idle the engine for 30 minutes, vs 10 which is programmed.
a passive hood open switch will allow for unlimited time from autostop ... this may require the chopping of wires
high tech issues require low tech mods (note remote start will not work though)

this active mod or chip is a waste of money when a couple of wires and a switch will fix the issue for a couple of dollars

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this posted in another completely unrelated thread and thought you all may find benefit as I did and wanted to share here where it would be noticed:

I tried this yesterday and yes, it works! You start the vehicle as normal but keep holding the start button until the notice that auto shutoff is disabled. I was concerned about leaving my dog in my Yukon with the engine running and no ability to ensure it would still be running when I came back to it approx 30 min later. This is a fix!!!
i wonder if this trick will work on my tahoe hybrid i'll give it a try as i can hold the START position (remember it does not have the normal 12volt starter but an industrial grade 360vAC starter so you can hold key start...)

I know both traction control and stabilitrak can be disabled by holding the button for 10 seconds ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter