Auto air always blows windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treatyoselfnc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else run into using the auto button for climate control always seems to default to blowing mostly out of windshield vents? Even on a cold morning, when I click auto it’s always blowing out of windshield defrost area but zero air for the rest like feet. Just curious if anyone else experienced this

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's sensing cold ambient temps and humidity I can see that it would be defaulting to defrost while on auto mode to aide in increasing the windshield temperature.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would cycle it through the individual air locations. Turn the fan on high then select floor, feel for air flow and make sure it’s not coming out of the other locations then repeat that process for each location.

If that works well then you know your blend doors are working properly and nothing is out of sync or broken.

Likely it’s a characteristic of auto mode, but it’s good to check. For me, I’ve found auto mode doesn’t do a good job defogging in the cold months so I select windshield and floor to keep the fog away.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would cycle it through the individual air locations. Turn the fan on high then select floor, feel for air flow and make sure it’s not coming out of the other locations then repeat that process for each location.

If that works well then you know your blend doors are working properly and nothing is out of sync or broken.

Likely it’s a characteristic of auto mode, but it’s good to check. For me, I’ve found auto mode doesn’t do a good job defogging in the cold months so I select windshield and floor to keep the fog away.
I have had that problem too anen fogging is extreme. I also notice that "defrost" is the default vent position when remote starting until I sit down and press the start button to enable full driving modem in which the vent position changes and blower speed lowers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224