Auburn Electric Locking differential….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall 008

Reaction score
Just testing the waters to see if anyone has any first hand experience with these Auburn electric lockers? I know Auburn limited slip diffs from friends that drag raced mustangs as a teenager. Never heard anything bad about them. I’m thinking of ditching the factory G80 differential for one of these Auburn units.

I like the idea of not having to install a compressor for an ARB air locker in lieu of running some wires.

Any thoughts???

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I have no experience with that brand. Lots of experience with factory Elockers of several brands and ARB.

Most circumstances where a selectable locker is essential would also make airing down desirable, so I view onboard air as a plus. The small tubing for an ARB is no more difficult to run than wiring.

I do see Auburn makes a combo LSD/Locker. Don’t know if there’s one to fit our trucks. I had a similar diff by AAM as factory equipment in my Power Wagon and it was an awesome diff. IMO opinion that combo is better than any single function locker including ARB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep