are my bars cranked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

durty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How can I tell if the torsion bars are cranked up any? The back sits higher than the front and it looks to have a 2" block out back.

Can I crank the bars enough to level it? I can put a jack under the front and it travels enough to level it, back measure right around 38.75 with a 285 on it, and pretty sure the front was right around 37.5

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are 2007+ you don't have any bars to crank. What year is your ride?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO your t-bars are cranked already based on having a 2" block in the rear and the height differential. Check with the OBS section to confirm.

OP
OP
D

durty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I crawled under it and the bolts are almost bottomed out, im wondering if the bars are gettin worn out

Will aftermarket keys give me lift even if the bars are worn?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have leaf springs in the back then I am assuming you have an OBS truck. Do you know the history of the truck (usage), and of course mileage and age. IMO your torsion bars are worn and cranking the keys will not help. Confirm with the guys in the OBS or NBS forum sections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman