Any suggestions on this problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Certain times when I pull out of the driveway it bogs down sometime backfires I can floor it and the rpms will bearly reach 2k. this only happens 1st 1/4 mile, moreso when going up a hill then it goes away till next time, then every so often it will act up, coming from a dead stop seems to slip going in to drive and rpm will hit 4500, if I would floor it it would probably hit 6k. If I let of the gas right away it will shift fine. Seems to happen mostly on hot days, when its cool out its not so bad. It doesnt do it enough to pin point the problem. Any input would be greatly appreciated

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering - Have you sea foamed (or used any kind of internal engine cleaner) it lately? I had some of those symtpoms after I seafoamed my nissan last year.

OP
OP
yukonjacks

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Ya I do it after every oil change, The one time I cleaned the throttle body and CAI Filter and it seemed to correct it, seemed is the key word. This last time I pulled the TB and did the cooling mod. Its weird cause I really cant pin point it to any certain time, its hit or miss. I think I am going to pull the K&N CAI and go back to OEM and see what happens

OP
OP
yukonjacks

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
May have found the problem myself, went to replace the CAI with the OEM and found that when I tightened the hose clamp the rubber coupling slipped off the TB. I was probably sucking way to much hot air off the block and missing the sensor thats right behind the cone filter. Hopefully I was just confusing the computer. Went on 1 test drive everything was fine, I know more in the morning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz