Any Ideas On Roof Mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the 2 stock crossbars on last vehicle which were useless, but I want something cool; is there anything that isnt a box or basket? Anyone have a missle launcher?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a rhino rack pioneer platform. You can use your imagination for what it is for. My wife and I are both active duty military and we have two kids so we stay quite active and move around a lot. I can't really give you a specific answer to "what is that for" , but to put it simply.....its for putting stuff on.

Last edited:

MVR 155

Reaction score
I have the standard roof rails/cross bars..... Have a Thule box that we use primarily for ski/snowboard gear. It can also be handy for other items that are long or when you need more space than the interior can handle. My wife is also active duty Army coming up on 20 years of service in March of 2020!!!!!!

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO - the Rhino Rack looks to be a terrific option for the Tahoe/Suburban.

The following link is to their platform product, but scroll down the page and you will see that they have all kinds of additional pieces that allow you to customize the roof platform to your specific needs.
http://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/prod...eer-platform/pioneer-platform-76-x-54-_ja9745

I currently have the OE cross bars and switch between my Yakima "J" kayak carriers, XL Thule box &/or my Yakima Ski. We are a family of 4 with a large dog; camping trips, weekend adventures and lake trips throughout Maine all fill the Tahoe pretty quickly.
I've been looking for a solution and really like the Rhino Rack platform. Still, it may not be the most economical solution. Particularly when my current setup gets the job done, just not in style.

Thanks to @Tk59194 for the great photos of the Rhino platform, before & after install.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sir, it is an extremely versatile solution, but is indeed pricey. I have the grab handles installed and will be installing the eye hooks as well as ladder and ladder mount. I can attest to its quality, durability and usefulness. It's a solid product and I do not regret the purchase.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a rhino rack pioneer platform. You can use your imagination for what it is for. My wife and I are both active duty military and we have two kids so we stay quite active and move around a lot. I can't really give you a specific answer to "what is that for" , but to put it simply.....its for putting stuff on.

Pretty cool, didn't know if it was for something specific or the swiss army knife of roof racks. Quite versatile.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMAO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345