Any good shops that re-chrome wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a couple extra 22" CK916 wheels I would like to get refinished. Seems there aren't many, if any on the east coast, least I haven't found any.

If anyone knows of a reputable shop, please chime in, looking to hopefully find one closer to the eastern half of the nation, mainly for shipping but not a deal breaker.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
granted google doesn't know any difference if they are still an active shop but i could keep going. that's just google rim repair and picking east cost states.

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
granted google doesn't know any difference if they are still an active shop but i could keep going. that's just google rim repair and picking east cost states.

Thanks for the link, however.....when I use the said Google search for "re-chroming wheels" that same shop would come up, but they don't strip and re-chrome wheels. I won't condemn them until I verify but I believe I tried them last year when I had the 1st wheel to refinish..but I misplaced my notes. Now I have the 2 and the search is on...the other 2 still look good, and I was lucky to find 2 NOS wheels at a good price.

That has been the issue for dozens and dozens of searches.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@dkad260 Where abouts are you located?

I’m assuming the rims right now are chrome? OEM finish? But the chrome is pitted damaged or even flaking off?

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@dkad260 Where abouts are you located?

I’m assuming the rims right now are chrome? OEM finish? But the chrome is pitted damaged or even flaking off?

DC metro area.

Yes they are factory chrome, GM CK916.

The chrome is starting to flake behind the spokes.

There is some corrosion on the bead....that's the main area of concern and if it can be repaired.
There's one near me here in Richmond. Try searching Google Maps for wheel repair or alloy wheel repair.

I saw that, thanks, don't think they re-chrome.

For the record....there's DOZENS of alloy wheel repair near me, none re-chrome. I need them stripped and re-chromed.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not local and they’re not cheap. But they do good work and they for sure do chrome.

Have you looked into or considered PVD chrome?

This place is Ohio based and has some really cool paint systems:

Unless you’re going to re-chrome them and make them summer only wheels then they’ll just eventually get pitted and corrode again. Making them summer only wheels may not even prolong their life by much.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DC metro area.

Yes they are factory chrome, GM CK916.

The chrome is starting to flake behind the spokes.

There is some corrosion on the bead....that's the main area of concern and if it can be repaired.

I saw that, thanks, don't think they re-chrome.

For the record....there's DOZENS of alloy wheel repair near me, none re-chrome. I need them stripped and re-chromed.
You can also buy new ones for around $500/each, if that's helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo