Any AFM indication without DIC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Since there’s no DIC in the SSV, is there any other telltale of four cylinder operation? Short of driving around with a scan tool or something? I have not detected any difference in engine sound etc to clue me in that it’s engaged.

I don’t have a real need to know, I suppose, I’m just curious about all things that affect fuel consumption and engine life.

Under what conditions are you guys with indicators seeing it operate? I had a Colorado V6 ZR2 that only used V4 mode between about 25 - 35 mph. Why bother? SMH
I also have a full-size Ram that’ll do V4 up to around 55 mph steady cruising.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In thecopcar I could feel it driving through the neighborhood at 15-20mph. A slight lugging.

after adding the DIC I was surprised to see how often it came on. I had previously determined the going into manual shifting inhibited the AFM. I saw just recently that even in manual mode, if the transmission is actually in 6th, the AFM will still engage.

driving Lola, I haven’t been able to feel it or not. She doesn’t have a DIC yet.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get on the freeway and cruise about 55 then lightly let off the pedal and then on the pedal while just cruising if you do not feel the LAG which is very apparent then I don't know what to tell you, use the force and become one with the machine :rolleyes: I can feel it and hear it on both of my vehicles when it is not turned off

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get on the freeway and cruise about 55 then lightly let off the pedal and then on the pedal while just cruising if you do not feel the LAG which is very apparent then I don't know what to tell you, use the force and become one with the machine :rolleyes: I can feel it and hear it on both of my vehicles when it is not turned off

^^This. As you get familiar with the truck, it will become obvious when it's in 4-cyl mode and not. After I installed the Airraid tube, you can even hear it when it switches between 4 -> 8 cyl mode.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^This. As you get familiar with the truck, it will become obvious when it's in 4-cyl mode and not. After I installed the Airraid tube, you can even hear it when it switches between 4 -> 8 cyl mode.
Do you have any photos of your Airraid? What did you do for the air box?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't get how people can not feel it, I can feel and hear everything my vehicle does, shifting, engine sound, braking, suspension. wind noise, you name it even though I have music blasting and subs bumping and rattling everything I can still hear and feel what my vehicle is doing I can tell when something changes, a different sound, a different squeak, a different feel. I guess it helps if you keep your vehicle maintained I can turn down the music and roll down the windows and roll down the road and my vehicles make no noise other than the engine running and tires rolling, the v4/v8 mode is 2 different sounds and if you are cruising it kicks on and off, there is a delay, you can especially feel it if you are cruising and just feather the pedal you can feel it kick on & off to me it is annoying as hell so I have it disabled.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't get how people can not feel it, I can feel and hear everything my vehicle does, shifting, engine sound, braking, suspension. wind noise, you name it even though I have music blasting and subs bumping and rattling everything I can still hear and feel what my vehicle is doing I can tell when something changes, a different sound, a different squeak, a different feel. I guess it helps if you keep your vehicle maintained I can turn down the music and roll down the windows and roll down the road and my vehicles make no noise other than the engine running and tires rolling, the v4/v8 mode is 2 different sounds and if you are cruising it kicks on and off, there is a delay, you can especially feel it if you are cruising and just feather the pedal you can feel it kick on & off to me it is annoying as hell so I have it disabled.
I can feel it engage at low speed driving through my neighborhood. It’s almost a lugging shudder. No bueno in my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd