Another Lift kit question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mechanicus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For a 2007 LTZ tahoe, I am deciding between doing a BDS 4" kit and just doing 2" fox coil overs. The question here is, does anyone have pictures of either kit? In your opinion which one is better? And finally If i do the coil overs is there any supporting mods to be done or can i just bolt up the coilovers and go?

The Tahoe is to do some overlanding/exploring with friends who have lifted JKs, Tacoma, and 4runner. This is just a project/toy until i enjoy driving it more than my Rebel.

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My past experience with BDS is that it is a top notch kit.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I am running a 5 inch Rough country lift on mine I have had no problems with it. It is set up as an overlander. Check out some of my posts for what I have done with mine.

180553PS.jpg
This is what I did inside for storage and a flat cargo area for sleeping inside.

Tahoe.jpg

Southbound_35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am running a 5 inch Rough country lift on mine I have had no problems with it. It is set up as an overlander. Check out some of my posts for what I have done with mine.

View attachment 215060
This is what I did inside for storage and a flat cargo area for sleeping inside.

View attachment 215061
Let me ask you this..I have a 09 with the 3.5 RC...no major issues with the lift but would love to hear your full review on your personal experience with your kit. I too am in the middle of building this thing out for multi day trips.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Let me ask you this..I have a 09 with the 3.5 RC...no major issues with the lift but would love to hear your full review on your personal experience with your kit. I too am in the middle of building this thing out for multi day trips.
I have no complaints with mine it has been great. It drives about the same as before the lift and in many ways it is better. The ride is very smooth clearance is good. The only thing after about 12,000 miles is the rear sway bar mount came loose when I was in Utah. With the bumpers I have the clearance to run 35 inch tires with a little room to spare.