ANOTHER HID QUESTION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
ok so after looking at them in detail how many of you have problems with the DEPO projectors bouncing around at night ? it seems to me that this is a very common problem for these and for that price it shouldn't be. if you have this problem how did you fix it?

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the Depos, but I know people have used ping pong balls shoved down there to stiffen the mounts up a little bit. Found this on the site, I think it's Fosscore's:

53022-a0d7cfcf15dd65dffafcd97cca71a08c.jpg

OP
OP
K

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
DOES ANYONE HAVE PICS OF A WHITE HOE WITH BLACK DEPO'S AND BUMBERS? AND ONE WITH CHROME DEPO'S AND BUMPERS? I'M TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT LOOKS BETTER.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simple way to stop headlight bounce.

Get a drinking straw,
Cut 2" off,
Cut length wise down the 2" section,
Trim off 1/8" down the straw lengthwise,
Roll up the straw so it overlaps its self lengthwise,
Slide it into the holes the pins go through,
Install pin.

No more bounce.

Do this for which ever mounting holes are worn out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
My depos (black) don't bounce at all, they are rock solid.

Good. I have mine ordered and hopefully will install before Christmas. With the HID's I'm hoping I get a solid set also. All the reviews I've read are good with mixed reaction to the shaking.

jxw004

Reaction score
Don't know where you are located, In Texas they are illegal unless car came equipped with them. You can run LEDs and be just fine (had my set in highs and lows for almost a year). The reason people want you to run projectors is to not blind oncoming traffic, every time this happens to me I return the favor with my light bar...

OP
OP
K

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
ok so i have finally gotten the depo projectors installed with the kensun HID 6500 kit. so far after a few nights of driving i LOVE them. one thing that i have noticed is that on the pass. side there appears to be a dark space in the middle of the beam. im thinking that maybe the ignitor rod is on the bottom instead of the top? has anyone else had this issue?

also how does everyone aim theirs? i origainally did mine by state law spec however i changed that slightly last night because the cutoff line was not even. i set the line to level with my hood at about 25 feet from a wall but it seemed like at times i was still shining into other cars?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper