Air Ride Suspension Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoderholmJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im thinking about getting a 6" lift for my 01 Tahoe w/ Autoride. Just wanting some more opinions on if this kit will work.

http://jackit.com/store/supercart.cgi?s=rcd_10-41001ar

Just wondering, when they're talking about air ride suspension kits thats meant for trucks with autoride right? I've read a lot about this autoride and i gotta say i'm not a fan, hopefully it never breaks, EXPENSIVE FIX!! Also what would be the biggest tires i would be able to fit?

Hoping to do a little tahoe makover, so far ordered a K&N cold air intake, Cortex power programmer and a Flowmaster Force 2 Cat-Back exhaust system.

Currently in Iraq though so can't do anything to it till leave, but thats in 2 weeks so want to have everything at home ready to be installed.

Anyways thanks for any response.

Here's what its looking like right now.
n615965143_1960968_9899.gif

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Huh...I'd call them up to make sure it'll work. I'd love to lift my Denali just enough to fit 33" tires, but everyone I've talked to about it says I can't because of the airride. Now my rear shocks are shot and need replacing, which is not cheap as you mentioned. I could get that whole kit for less then what I was quoted at the dealer just for parts for the airride. I wonder if it's a replacement or if it still utilizes the existing airride components??

I may have to call them myself when I get back from vacation. If you find out anything new, keep me posted.

OP
OP
S

SoderholmJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah the autoride is a pain unless you haul stuff with you truck, i've read you can take them out and throw some regular shocks on there and just trick the computer but i'd rather not.. I decided to go with the Fabtech 6" lift kit instead.

http://4wheelonline.com/Products.aspx?CategoryId=25962&ProductID=71882

Will fit 33" tires with it.
Got Firestone Destination A/T 305/70R16
Good reviews on them and decent price.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I've done a few lifted tahoes with autoride, the shock extensions are kinda janky looking but work well. I'm looking to buy a crapload of resistors and just deleting the autoride shocks on my customer's trucks that want to lift/drop their trucks as the stock shocks aren't very adequate :imo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC