Air ride adaptive suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thunder22

Reaction score
Anyone else hearing a frequent air movement from the air adaptive suspension while driving under 45mph? The vehicle sounds like it's adjusting the suspension more frequently than I would expect.

OP
OP
Thunder22

Thunder22

Reaction score
I guess it's just me... I'll have it checked at first oil change.

<psssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh> <pshhhhhhhhhhhhhh> :)

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless the air system behaves differently than my old one it shouldn’t do that regularly. Do you hear the compressor running a lot too?

OP
OP
Thunder22

Thunder22

Reaction score
sometimes, i hear what sounds like a balloon losing air in the back seat, and an occasional pssshhhhhhh when first starting to drive and mph is under 45. I'll have them check it when i go for an oil change. I've got almost 4k miles on it already because of the many NY<>PA round trips since I bought it. I won't be doing those any longer so I'll take it to service in the next 2 weeks.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea. On my 07 the shocks air down occasionally but not so I can hear it, especially not while driving. You might also look on the GM or NTSB website for others with this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues