After Market Rear DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased an Lt Tahoe with luxury package, but no entertainment package. Anyone install an after market rear dvd In the 2015/2016 yet?

hahler2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had one installed but I didn't do it myself. I have done many headrest monitors but never done an overhead one and wasn't comfortable doing it myself. Took a local shop about 2 1/2 hours to do it. So it must not be to complicated.

hahler2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Absolutely. But I can't tonight. I'm not at home. I'll get some posted tomorrow evening.

hahler2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey. Sorry I am late getting these posted. Last night got a little crazy. I just took 2 really quick pictures. If there's anything else you want to see just let me know.

File Jan 13, 9 18 42 PM.jpeg

File Jan 13, 9 19 18 PM.jpeg

Bushsss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just recently installed the headrest DVD players myself, they are the OEM from GMC. They were very simple once I found were to plug them into the truck since no instructions what so ever were included.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the thickness of the oem screens just not the screen size unfortunately.
one of the reasons i didnt want the sun package .
toyota sienna has an interesting screen which is ultra wide but i think on trucks like this size the screen should be around 13 inches.
still looking for a low profile 13 incher.

hahler2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah that's the only thing I don't like about the aftermarket one I bought. I didn't even think of it til after it was installed but the profile is rather large. Cant be hard to see out of the rear view mirror when the screen is down. But I wanted to make sure and get one big enough that people in the 3rd row could see it alright.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's the only thing I don't like about the aftermarket one I bought. I didn't even think of it til after it was installed but the profile is rather large. Cant be hard to see out of the rear view mirror when the screen is down. But I wanted to make sure and get one big enough that people in the 3rd row could see it alright.
What types of media are u able to play on this and how?
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255