After 1 month - 2 Nitpicks on 2015 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LTZ here with 1,250 miles - cleaned her up today and couldn't believe the running boards were noticeably scratched up just like you described - what are they going to look like at 20K miles? I can't believe this one got by all the testing done on these vehicles. GM should "step-up" on this one.

That sucks. I'm glad I ordered the retractable boards.

NOVA99

Reaction score
1. The throttle lag SUCKS. Worst I have ever owned in a vehicle. Had I had the chance to driver before I would have decided against the Denali/GM SUVs all together.

2. The low air dam in the front was scuffed in first 1K miles. Recognize it is for MPG and CAFE regs but my F150, Sierra Denali, and X5M-Sport never got scuffed. Going to be a Helluva snow plow in the winter! Needs a Re-Design!

3. 4K miles and counting and overly pleased with MPG - 16.8MPG mixed. But I could care less on MPG

4. Antiquated transmission. Cant wait to get rid of this rig. This is the last GM ever in my garage-mahal.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LTZ here with 1,250 miles - cleaned her up today and couldn't believe the running boards were noticeably scratched up just like you described - what are they going to look like at 20K miles? I can't believe this one got by all the testing done on these vehicles. GM should "step-up" on this one.

I saw a brand new one on the lot today already scratched all up just from tire kickers.

I wish they would do something about that.

superchevy427

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The poor fit of trim on the running boards gets me. Really, they can't make that one piece or fit tighter?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I'm surprised at all the complaints on the running boards. They seem to be the same exact material as the 07+ trucks, and 9 out of 10 of them don't scratch all that easy.

dps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm surprised at all the complaints on the running boards. They seem to be the same exact material as the 07+ trucks, and 9 out of 10 of them don't scratch all that easy.

Agreed. I just sold my '05 with what appeared to be the identical material and they still looked fine. A swipe with 303 (or Armorall) and they look good as new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HSK76